- The Bluestack Ramblers Walking Club is for adults (18+).
- Members join in the club activities at their own risk. Mountaineering is a strenuous activity that requires a good level of fitness. Before you embark on a new physical activity programme you should seek advice from your doctor.
- It is an activity with a danger of personal injury or even death.
- It is the policy of the Bluestack Ramblers Walking Club to allow potential members to have three walks with the club before joining. Of course this is at your own risk as you are not covered with insurance through Mountaineering Ireland (MI).
- For their own safety, new members must first try out an easy walk so that they can get a feel for what’s involved in the different grades of walk. Please appreciate the club has no knowledge of new members or their fitness levels etc.
- You must contact the walk leader by 8:00pm the evening before the walk.
- The club recommends a maximum of 25 walkers for easy to moderate walks and 10-15 for moderate to difficult walks. (Mountaineering Ireland recommends a maximum of 10-15 for walks on the open mountain). However, the final decision on numbers rests with the leader.
- The leader must choose a limit for their walk and then enforce it; unfortunately this will mean turning people away if numbers are large.
- It is your responsibility to advise the walk leader of any medical condition before going on a walk.
- Participation in walks is at the sole discretion of the walk leader.
- The club encourages a policy of carpooling where possible. This is environmentally friendly and makes walks easier to organize from a leader’s point of view in relation to parking. Members traveling as passengers can make a voluntary contribution to fuel costs.
- Dogs are not allowed on any of the club walks.
- The club organises a walk most Sundays all year round.
- Weather conditions can however turn an easy or moderate graded walk to a difficult one.
- Walks can be cancelled or changed due to adverse weather conditions or if the leader feels that it is in the best interest of the group.
- Please do not leave an organised walk without informing the leader.
- Ensure that your level of fitness is adequate for the proposed walk and be properly equipped and self sufficient in food, drink, clothing and other essentials.
- Any new members intending to lead walks must have completed Mountain Skills Levels 1 and 2 courses. Then, they can lead a walk with backup until the assessment is accomplished.
This form is for non-members, who wish to join the walk. Maximum of three walks permitted as a non-member.
At the 2022 EGM the club adopted a new Club Constitution. All members are bound by the Club Constitution.
The Bluestack Ramblers Walking Club is committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018. This policy was adopted at the 2021 AGM.
This policy was adopted in 2005 and includes all necessary details for club leaders and members.