Interested in hill-walking and the craic?
Why not check out the Bluestack Ramblers Walking Club. The club is primarily a hill-walking club and is affiliated with Mountaineering Ireland (MI).
The club always welcomes new faces. The club is a voluntary effort and members are encouraged to participate in the running of the club, attending mountain skills and leadership courses as well as participating in club events and the regularly scheduled walks.
Hillwalking is an activity that is good for both body and mind. In our club, you will be led by experienced people who know these hills really well, and you will be in the company of great people who enjoy their walking and the craic… we look forward to getting to know you!
The social side
Hillwalking offers a healthy and economical social outlet for just €50 per person per annum. Along with weekly walks, there are optional activities you may wish to avail of. There are occasional trips to other walking venues/festivals in Ireland, and annually, we have an international trip. The club has had recent trips to Spain, Austria, Slovakia; every effort is made to ensure value for money. Occasionally we hold post-walk refreshments, and Christmas would not be Christmas without the proverbial Christmas party dinner.
Full membership €50/year
The membership year runs from 1st November to 31st October. Membership also includes your Mountaineering Ireland membership and insurance.
Associate membership €15/year
Open only to existing members of another Mountaineering Ireland associated walking club. Your MI number will be required.
As a member of Mountaineering Ireland, you benefit from a range of benefits, including:
- The Irish Mountain Log magazine, delivered by post to your home address
- Discounts in all good outdoor shops and a variety of other related retailers
- A personalised membership card
- Access to training schemes and awards for hillwalkers
- Access to Mountaineering Ireland Training Grant schemes
- Annual Summer Alpine and Winter Meets, which include training courses and workshops for all, Spring and Autumn gatherings that include member forums
- Access to the vast Mountaineering Library Collection