Am I fit enough?
Some people worry about their fitness levels for hill walking – Don’t worry because the Ramblers have graded walks from easy to moderate to strenuous. You choose the walk that suits you. Over time, as your fitness builds, you can try some of the slightly more challenging walks. Club guide is – we walk as fast as the slowest walker – no one is left behind.
Please check the gear list just to make sure you are equipped for the walk. Health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, allergies, heart condition, etc., SHOULD be disclosed in confidence to the leader prior to the walk.
- Drink plenty of fluids and carry a few energy bars or chocolate.
- During the summertime carry sun block and insect repellent.
- Add or remove clothes as necessary.
- Group walking means staying together – Do not wander off on your own especially in conditions of poor visibility.
- Should you need a breather just let the leader know.
- Comfort stop – if nature calls just let the leader know and the group will maintain a dignified distance and wait for you.
Health & Safety
While every effort is made to ensure member’s safety, no guarantees can be entered into. hillwalking, climbing and rambling are activities that carry a risk of injury. Participation in club activities is on the strict understanding that these risks are accepted and each person is responsible for their own involvement, actions, and safety. That said the Bluestack Ramblers Walking Club has an excellent safety record over many, many years.